Faculty/Staff Honors Convocation
May 10, 2012
Nominations Sought for President’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching and Excellence in College Service
Excellence in Teaching
Please let your students know they have the opportunity to honor a faculty member who’s made a difference in their life. Perhaps that person is YOU!
Nominations for Excellence in Teaching awards will be accepted through Friday, April 6.
- Exceptional teaching demonstrated by innovative, student-centered methods
- Effort and performance above and beyond what is expected
- Any full-time or adjunct faculty member
Students may work alone or with their classmates to make a nomination.
To nominate a faculty member for this award:
- Organize a nomination packet for the chosen professor, specifically stating how he or she meets the criteria
- Include multiple letters of support solicited from students; additional letters from faculty, department chairs, and staff are recommended
- Include contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) for the person making the nomination
Send the nomination packet to:
Faculty/Staff Honors Committe
Brahan Hall 008
Questions? Call 629-7341 or 629-4557
Deadline: April 6, 2012
Excellence in College Service
Given in recognition of consistently superior service to the college, this award is given to individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary performance in the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities of their positions and have provided extensive service to the college above and beyond normal expectations, thereby serving as role models for the institution in its pursuit of excellence.
Nominees for this award must be full- or part-time employees of Hudson Valley Community College with at least five years of continuous service to the college.
Nominations must include:
- Letter of nomination (including contact information for the nominator)
- Current resume/vita for the nominee
- A summary statement of no more than three (3) pages addressing the nominee’s job performance and service to the college and how this goes above and beyond normal expectations for college employees
- At least three (3) confidential letters of support for the nomination
Nominations should be sent to Dr. Michael Green, Executive to the President for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning, GUN 162, Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, NY 12180.
Nominations are due by April 6, 2012.
Submitted nominations will be reviewed by the Senior Staff, which will make recommendations to the President for his approval. Award recipients will be notified by April 27th. The award will be presented at the Faculty/Staff Honors Convocation on Thursday, May 10th.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Green at 629-4554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.