The Viking Child Care Center, a department of the Faculty Student Association of HVCC, currently has an opening for a Child Care Teacher. Please submit resumes to Alycia Courter, CC 240, fax 518-629-7166 or email email@example.com.
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of The Faculty Student Association of Hudson Valley Community College,80 Vandenburgh Ave,Troy,New York.
TITLE: Viking Child Care Teacher
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Immediate
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood and experience in a day care setting; Bachelor’s strongly preferred. Candidate must be able to lift 25 pounds on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Viking Child Care Teacher reports to the Daycare Assistant Director and performs the following duties:
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment and be responsible for the care, cleanliness, and daily preparation of learning areas
- Provide a classroom environment for children that is developmentally appropriate and responsive to individual children’s strengths, interests and needs
- Provide and promote positive guidance and discipline while supervising children
- Interact positively with children at meals. Model appropriate table manners and encourage the development of independence and self help skills. Encourage language development by carrying on informal conversations
- Work cooperatively with co-teacher, center staff and outside service providers
- Conduct parent teacher conferences twice a year to discuss the development and growth of the children
- Complete all required paperwork including weekly lesson plans, weekly parent newsletters, anecdotal records, workshop evaluations, student intern and work study student evaluations, etc
- Is knowledgeable of all Child Care, Head Start, Early Head Start and Universal Pre-K guidelines and implements those that relate to the teaching position
- Establish and maintain positive, supportive relationships with families; greet parents and children upon arrival and departure; be available to discuss with parents progress or concerns regarding their child and encourage parent involvement
- Show enthusiasm, teamwork and a positive attitude toward his/her job
- Participates in training as assigned
- Ensure the classroom is stocked with books and materials that reflect diverse images. Initiate activities and discussions to build self-identity and teach the value of differences
- Participate in fundraising and public relations events sponsored by the center
- Attend and participate in center staff meetings
- Perform all reasonable related duties as assigned by the Director or designated employee.
SALARY RANGE: Available upon request
Cover letter and current resume, labeled with Viking Child Care Teacher, must be sent to the address below. To access employment information please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs.
PLEASE RESPOND TO:
Faculty Student Association
Hudson Valley Community College
80 Vandenburgh Ave