We need your input. If you have a student who would make a great peer tutor for the Fall 2013 semester please make a recommendation.
We are beginning the process of creating our pool of peer tutors for the fall semester. Your input is requested to help make this a successful venture. Please take the time now to recommend students as tutors so that students in your classes next semester can go to the Learning Centers for help from students you have recommended. With your input we can plan for peer tutoring more effectively.
Requirements for Peer Tutors:
• The student is on the Dean’s List or President’s List and have a faculty recommendation.
• She/he is a quality student who is doing well in your class and seems to have the ability and desire to help others and you recommend them, but they may not be on the Dean’s or President’s List.
• Forward the names of students fitting the above criteria via campus mail (MRV 001) or e-mail to Don Frament. Please include the student’s Hudson Valley ID number, if available.
• Advise the student that you are recommending them for the position and that it is a paid student worker position.
• Please Act Now. Don’t wait until the fall as it takes up to four weeks for students to get interviewed, trained and hired before they can work as a peer tutor.
• You may get students asking you for recommendations because I am advertising to students in the Hudsonian and on the Student Portal. If that happens, a short e-mail recommendation indicating that you approve them would be fine.
I look forward to hearing from you and I appreciate the time you take to forward student names. It is your input that helps us provide additional quality support to your students.