Thank you Linda Ryder for providing this week’s Blackboard Tip of the week!
Have a great idea that you would like to share with us? A shortcut that makes your day more efficient? A cool tip or trick? If anyone has ideas for the weekly Blackboard tip, please feel free to send them to Bonnie Farrell at email@example.com.
Archive Your Old Course
It is recommended that you archive your course; it can serve as your historical record of course work. The archived course contains the course material with the student course submissions (discussion, Bb quizzes/tests and assignments). It is recommended that you archive at the end of each term, once you’ve submitted student grades.
- In your course, select Control Panel.
- Select Archive Course under Course Options.
- Select Archive from the tool menu.
- Select Submit, and then select OK on the next screen.
- You will receive an e-mail from Blackboard when the Archive is complete on the system.
- From the Control Panel in the course you are archiving, select Archive Course again. Note: Yes, you do have to enter the Archive Course area for a second time.
- Select the link for the most recent archive file.
- Select Save and choose a location to save the archive file to (i.e. your desktop or your H: Drive). The archived file will be saved as a compressed file (.zip format).
Please call or e-mail the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk at 629-7070 or DLHelp@hvcc.edu if you have questions or need assistance.