Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College.
Notice of Vacant Position
Facility Documents and Records Management HV-NTP-875
I. Minimum Qualifications
Associate’s Degree in an engineering or construction related field and two (2) years of relevant experience in the creation and/or maintenance of technical documents and records, preferably involving exposure to the operation of a large facility document library. Thorough working knowledge of AUTOCAD and experience with a computerized maintenance management system preferred.
II. Nature and Scope of Duties
The Facility Documents and Records Manager reports to the Executive Manager for Physical Plant and performs the following duties:
- Exercises primary responsibility for maintaining and updating all drawings, diagrams, and documents relating to the construction, operation, management and layout of all buildings and property owned by Hudson Valley Community College.
2. Performs field measurements and verification of all campus construction and renovation projects; performs field measurements and verification of all campus existing conditions where required.
3. Develops AUTOCAD 2017 files based upon notes, sketches, engineering schematics, technical guides, and vendor information.
4. Maintains and updates records of all campus utilities based upon notes, sketches, engineering schematics, and field observations.
5. Recovers nameplate data for all campus physical assets relating to campus infrastructure; input, update and maintain maintenance records into the ACT 1000 database.
6. Performs inspections of architectural, structural, plumbing, HVAC, sprinkler, fire alarm, security, and electrical systems and convert this information to blueprints.
7. Generates preventive maintenance work reports per manufacturer’s recommendations.
8. Receives technical documents, owner’s manuals, warranties, submittals, and as-builts at the conclusion of construction/renovation projects and incorporates these materials into the facility library.
9. Organizes, manages, and maintains the facility library.
10. Maintains and controls the release and distribution of documents to outside architects, engineers and contractors.
11. Maintains and controls the release and distribution of documents to internal maintenance, managerial, and clerical staff.
12. Maintains the records, utilizing the most up-to-date information management systems.
13. Supervise Physical Plant personnel and contractors activities.
14. Visits Work sites to track progress and update drawings, documents and plans.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and submit your cover letter and resume prior to the close date of Nov. 3, 2017.
Hudson Valley Community College encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer