The college will be testing its new emergency communications system, Alertus, on Tuesday and Wednesday, Aug. 15 and 16. Please do not be alarmed when you see, hear and experience testing of system functions, including:
- Outdoor public address/speaker system (See sample video: https://youtu.be/iYy8rFF5Q4g.)
- Alert beacons located inside campus buildings
- Internal public address/speaker system inside buildings
- College website, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Student and employee email
- Desktops computers on college network
- Mobile application
We will do our best to diminish interruptions to college business, however testing will take place sporadically throughout the morning and afternoon.
When fully implemented, Alertus will help the college to automate and quickly distribute urgent and emergency messages through several systems. The college’s Emergency Preparedness Committee will share more information as we approach full implementation and deployment.